DIGITAL MARKETING SPECIALIST
The Digital Marketing Specialist will tactically drive the digital marketing efforts for South Agency and our clients. This position is responsible for marketing analytics, SEO and SEM, PPC and affiliate marketing, marketing automation, paid media and paid search activities. This position will focus on using analytics to drive engagement and conversion. The position will serve as a subject matter expert in digital strategies, striving to optimize lead generation and customer conversion through various digital media campaigns.
Strategy & Execution:
- Own digital marketing best practices and standards within the organization, including reporting, measurement, and return on marketing investment (ROMI) for digital campaigns.
- Translate business goals into digital marketing objectives, creating and communicating marketing targets.
- Partner with the marketing services manager to develop specific digital strategies and identify requirements for all client deliverables.
- Manage the implementation and optimization of client digital advertising campaigns (AdWords, Display, Social, Native, etc.).
- Conduct both on-page and off-page analysis of client campaigns and implement best SEO practices to improve account performance
- Conduct SEO site audits and keyword research, and communicate this analysis to internal teams and clients.
- Evaluate customer segments and create customer segmentation groups for focused targeted marketing based on customer profiling.
- Gather and share competitive insights related to marketing strategies of client competitors.
Analytics & Reporting:
- Consolidate metrics and provide ongoing reporting and analytics to clients and agency management, and provide guidance for program optimization.
- Continually monitor and suggest improvements for marketing content to support the agency and our clients’ growth objectives.
- Analyze current best practices in integrated media campaigns as well as future directions made possible by emerging technology.
- Benchmark digital activities against those of our clients’ peers in their respective industries.
- Use analytic tools to track, monitor, and optimize digital presence and campaigns based on historical performance.
- Prepare qualitative and quantitative analysis reports and dashboards to inform various audiences of our collective performance in all dimensions of digital marketing efforts, showcasing the impact achieved for our clients.
CERTIFICATIONS / LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
- Google Adwords and Google Analytics certifications preferred.
- Marketing automation solution experience required, with HubSpot user certification strongly preferred.
COMPUTER & TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Extensive experience with Hubspot and Eloqua highly desirable
- Proven competency with social media, digital advertising, email marketing strategy, and web analytics.
- Proven grasp of all paid search mediums including remarketing, display and content, mobile, and video.
- Experience creating and developing digital marketing best practices within an organization.
- Ability to secure clear direction and buy-in from business leadership and then maintain visibility as strategy is executed.
- Ability to take high-level vision and translate down to executable actions.
- Ability to foster strong professional relationships and manage expectations with clients and fellow employees.
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in an environment with shifting priorities and time-sensitive deadlines.
- Strong sense of organization and attention to detail are required.
- Strong verbal and written skills are required.
- Strong ability to prioritize and balance competing requests for support.
- Ability to work independently once strategy and direction is identified, while maintaining strong visibility for the agency.
EXPERIENCE + EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field.
- 3 or more years relevant business experience in a digital marketing or advertising agency environment.
- Experience working across a number of industries strongly preferred.
- Experience implementing Digital Marketing strategies in B2B and B2C environments strongly preferred.
We are a digital-born agency which combines badass design with the latest technology to do amazing things. We have fun doing it. We have a culture of learning, curiosity, and innovation. We help ambitious brands evolve in a connected world.
We are located inside of the NC Music Factory in uptown Charlotte, N.C. Our office sits backstage to the Uptown Amphitheater and is in the heart of uptown nightlife. Our space also comes fully loaded with Ping Pong, rad tech and a fun contemporary, open space work atmosphere.