South Agency is seeking a contract copywriter with experience in B2B and B2C industries crafting effective written content for interactive marketing, online campaigns, web, motion-based projects and social media. These responsibilities include creating and communicating concepts, implementing against digital marketing strategies and developing short form copy solutions for clients. The contract copywriter will collaborate with a team consisting of Art Director, Marketing Services Manager, and Designer.
We are looking for local (Charlotte, NC) talent for this role. The contract copywriter will work in-house at the South office.
Please note that this is a three month contract position with the possibility of extension after the initial three month period.
- Works with the Art Director and department team to develop concepts and write short form copy.
- Works collectively with one or more designers and manages assigned copy needs.
- Follows creative briefs by interpreting instructions and collaborating with team to produce best-in-class ideas.
- Writes, revises and edits all copy.
- Works with Art Director to ensure all copy adheres to content plans and/or user-flow strategies.
- Reviews the work of project teams, taking consistency of design and messaging, strategic accuracy and adherence to client goals and brand guidelines into account.
- Incorporates client revisions and feedback as appropriate.
- Communicates the progress of copy related creative development to Producer.
- Delivers products in a timely fashion to meet deadlines.
- Versed in speaking to consumer and business audiences.
- Not required but a bonus: B2B experience, and product writing.
Experience + Education
- 3+ years of professional copywriting experience (in advertising or marketing communications)
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Business Writing, Advertising or related discipline
- Relevant work experience in copywriting, strong attention to detail, team orientation and communication skills along with excellent proofreading skills are essential requirements
- Portfolio with samples of at least some of the following marketing types: blog articles, email, social media entries, banner ads, web pages.
We are located inside of the NC Music Factory in Charlotte’s historic Fourth Ward, N.C. Our office sits backstage to the Uptown Amphitheater and the Fillmore.
How to Apply
Please send resume and link to digital portfolio when applying.