South is currently seeking a digitally focused Art Director to shape the creative personality of the agency and take our client brands to the next level. The role will manage the agency and our client’s visual design elements from concept through execution, while also planning the creative team’s workload and execution of client deliverables. This position is responsible for the conception, design, and execution of innovative visual communications across multiple digital mediums. This individual must be confident, eloquent, and passionate about creating compelling, insight-driven, customer-focused communications that drive results. The role will work collaboratively with agency teams in conceptualizing, designing, and creating work that brings life to great strategy.
Our next art director will be an intuitive thinker with the ability to translate client needs into visually compelling and impactful designs based on strategy and marketing objectives. The individual is responsible for the development of strategic creative briefs and their implementation into captivating visual form. He or she develops leading edge creative ideas, designs, and wider creative solutions that can work across all channels, including digital, social, film & video, print, and events. This person also justifies design decisions, manages the creative team, sells concepts, and balances client expectations with passion and integrity.
- Creates a range of concepts and designs for each project with strong strategy and cross-team partnerships
- Displays a progressive understanding of creative development, design theory, typography, and image creation / manipulation in all media
- Briefs and oversees the production of work with production partners in conjunction with account management and marketing services
- Contributes toward clients’ marketing objectives and ensures the continuation of the agency’s operating standards are maintained at a satisfactory level.
Experience + Education
- 7-10 years of demonstrated experience in an agency environment (at least 3+ years in a digital agency environment)
- Advanced experience managing the creative development process in a client services environment
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite including: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Bachelor’s or related degree from accredited design school is preferred
- Firm understanding of high-level brand strategy, industry trends, and design principles
- A strong ability and experience in leading, directing, and managing a group of cross-disciplinary teams
- A solid understanding of digital media as well as the marketing industry at large; an ability and a desire to adapt to the changing landscape of technology
- Ability to direct outside vendors (photographers, production companies, etc.)
- Strong deck writing and dynamic presentation skills
- Proven leadership skills with experience guiding large teams
- Traditional advertising experience is a plus
How to Apply
Please send resume and portfolio to email@example.com.